Document & Email Management Overview
Create a single source of truth
As businesses continue to operate in an increasingly digital landscape, the need for effective management and utilization of business content, including documents and emails, has become vital.
Without a proper foundation for managing this content, issues such as duplication and misplacement of important documents across multiple platforms arise, negatively impacting efficiency and collaboration. Additionally, these challenges can also impede compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
To address these challenges, a Document Management System (DMS) is a key component. A DMS provides centralized availability and management of non-structured information and documents, making it easy for users to access, store, and share business content as emails, documents and contracts.
Additionally, a DMS offers powerful search capabilities, allowing users to quickly and easily locate the content they need. With version control, users can ensure they are always working with the most current version of a document. Email filing capabilities also ensure that important content is not misplaced or hidden away in personal email inboxes.
Furthermore, a DMS offers advanced access management and monitoring features, which help to reduce the risk of data breaches and provide peace of mind for both the business and its clients. These security measures include need-to-know access controls and proactive monitoring for malicious actors.
In summary, by implementing a DMS, organizations can improve collaboration, increase efficiency, and address legal and regulatory requirements. With the ability to interact with business content from any device, a DMS provides a comprehensive solution for managing and utilizing business content to enable new ways of working.
The benefits of document and email management
Providing a robust, flexible and intelligent solution to manage your business content enables your business to embrace the benefits of intelligent information management.
We make sure business and IT requirements are met
For every project our team ensures a great fit of the solution, tailored to your specific needs and requirements. We follow a clear and transparent project approach to get you up and running fast – without false promises and compromising on quality.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most asked questions we encounter regarding document and email management.
Document management is the use of a computer system and software to store, manage and track electronic documents and electronic images of paper-based information captured through the use of a document scanner. The system and software to do so are often referred to as Document Management Systems (DMS).
A document management system is used to automatically organize, secure, digitize and classify business content as documents and emails, making them easy to access, edit and share. Therefore, a DMS supports an organization and its teams to not only streamline document-related processes – but also provide information governance to comply with data privacy and security laws and legislations.
- Availability: modern document management systems ensure that users have access to business content from anywhere, from any device, and at any time.
- Search: a DMS helps in storing documents and emails in an organized way so that they can be easily retrieved by a user when needed.
- Single source of truth: no more duplicates of documents that roam in various systems, as a DMS provides a central repository to store all business content in.
- Workflow automation: automate document-related processes to eliminate repetitive, manual actions to save resources and increase employee satisfaction.
- Security: ensure that only persons who should have access to certain content, actually have access to minimize the risk of a data breach. Typically, all actions of users are logged to provide a full audit trail at any time. Furthermore, share content with external parties as clients or partners easily and securely.
- Knowledge management: unlock the value that resides in business content to extract, preserve and repurpose knowledge. This particular development has been gaining a lot of ground lately, as knowledge management can be seen as a critical tool for any organization that wants to increase its bottom line and market share.
DOCUMENT AND EMAIL MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY
Technology to enable matter-centric content management.
Discover how our solutions enable businesses to adopt modern and resilient operating models to anticipate what’s next and lead the change.